Hillel Frankel is a partner at Leavens Strand & Glover, LLC (LSG) and currently runs LSG’s Nashville office on Music Row. Hillel has more than 20 years experience representing musical artists, writers, producers, production companies, record labels, visual artists and filmmakers in their transactional, corporate and intellectual property matters. He also provides counsel in business affairs and business development for start-up production companies, record labels, music tech companies and publishers.
Hillel’s clients range from Chicago soul legends to current R&B and rap artists to Nashville recording artists, songwriters, production companies, labels and producers.
Hillel frequently speaks on entertainment law issues and has presented at major festivals and conferences, including: Music Biz Conference 2016, Americana Music Conference 2015, SXSW, Winter Music Conference, and American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (“ASCAP”) Expo. He has served as an Adjunct Professor at DePaul University College of Law, and was elected to two terms as a Member of the Board of Governors of the Chicago Chapter of the Recording Academy (2010-2014). He is currently Co-Chair of the Board of Directors for Chicago International Movies and Music Festival.
In his not-so-former life as musician “Frankie Hill,” Hillel recorded and toured internationally on keyboards and saxophone for numerous bands including GRAMMY-nominated Liquid Soul, LA’s Bonedaddys, the UK’s General Public, and Chicago’s P-1 and Heavy Manners.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1993
- University of Illinois at Chicago, B.A., Political Science, 1990
- Adjunct Professor, DePaul University College of Law
- Music Biz Conference 2016
- Americana Music Conference 2015
- SXSW, Winter Music Conference
- American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers Expo
- Chicago Music Commission
- Midwest Independent Film Festival
- Chicago International Movies and Music Festival
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- Co-Chair, Board of Directors, Chicago International Movies and Music Festival
- Board of Governors, Chicago, The Recording Academy (GRAMMYs), 2010-2014