Jed Enlow is a partner at Leavens Strand & Glover. He represents a broad range of clients across the entertainment industry, including those in the television, film, music, and multimedia sectors, as well as event companies, spokespersons, and photographers. In this capacity, he reviews, drafts, and negotiates all agreements and other transactional documents necessary for entertainment content production and clearing, or protecting intellectual property rights.
Jed served as the Senior Show Attorney for the Steve Harvey daytime television talk show, handling all legal issues that arose in its production from Chicago’s NBC tower studio for five seasons, from 2012 until 2017.
Prior to joining the firm, Jed was Senior Attorney for Harpo Productions, Inc., where he handled all aspects of production legal matters for The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Rosie Show and various other television and digital productions.
In his television production roles, Jed drafts and negotiates agreements related to talent, licensing third-party materials, locations, sponsorships, tradeouts, and promotions, as well as personnel, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. He also reviews all content for compliance with Federal Communications Commission and Federal Trade Commission regulations and guidelines, defamation, and other legal risks of broadcast and distribution, as well as for network standards and practices clearance.
Jed is a frequent writer on media and marketing content.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 2002
- Miami University, Oxford, OH, B.A., History, 1998
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- Secretary, Board of Directors, Chicago West Community Music Center
- Executive Committee Member, Associate Board, Lawyers for the Creative Arts
- Chicago Bar Association
- Columbia College and DePaul University College of Law guest lectures
- CIMM fest film/television production panel
- University of Wisconsin Law School Entertainment Law Symposium