Jerry Glover represents clients across the entertainment industry as a partner at Leavens Strand & Glover. He has provided counsel on the production side in television, film and publishing, as well as advised talk show hosts, directors, musicians and writers.
He has a particular depth of experience in marketing and promotions regulations regarding broadcast entities and their contests, sweepstakes, privacy and advertising compliance. He routinely advises clients on creating website content that is compliant with state and federal laws and regulations.
Jerry has counseled film producers regarding film production issues and investor matters, corporate tie-ins and product placements, as well as web development agreements for film-related websites. He also represents television producers in connection with series-related promotions, and has served as production and compliance counsel for various nationally broadcast reality television series.
Prior to entering private practice, Jerry served as Senior Vice President and General Counsel to Chicago’s public television station WTTW as well as the company’s commercial radio station WFMT. There he handled a broad variety of legal issues related to broadcasting, including First Amendment rights, intellectual property matters and adherence to contest and promotional regulations at state and federal levels. Jerry continues to serve as outside counsel for both stations.
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law, J.D., 1975
- University of Oklahoma, M.A., Journalism, 1971
- University of Arkansas, B.A., Journalism, 1970
Jerry is an Adjunct Professor at John Marshall Law School in Chicago and has lectured at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. and the University of Arkansas.
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Arkansas Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Northern District of Illinois
- Member, Board of Directors, Lawyers for the Creative Arts
- Chair, Committee on Intellectual Property, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Governing Board of the Midwest Chapter of the Federal Communications Bar Association