Joe Voss is of counsel at Leavens Strand & Glover. He represents companies in the film, television, digital media and music industries on general corporate, production-related and financing matters in Illinois and Michigan, as well as nationally.
Joe has particular experience advising clients on artist-cause collaborations and assisting them in using media to further their non-profit missions. This involves providing guidance on the tax-exemption process, general business matters, and the numerous legal issues that arise when entertainers and non-profits collaborate.
Joe maintains an active general corporate practice, advising companies throughout the United States on mergers & acquisitions, financing transactions, and contracting matters.
In addition to his legal practice, he serves as Director of Strategic Partnerships for Creative Many Michigan, a non-profit committed to advancing the creative industries in Michigan. He is also serving his second consecutive term on the Michigan Film and Digital Media Office Advisory Council, a position to which he was appointed by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 2001
- B.A., CUNY Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, New York 1998
- Advisory Council — Michigan Film and Digital Media Office
- Member and Past-Chair of the Arts, Communications, Entertainment and Sports Law Section and Member of the Business Law Section — Michigan Bar Association
- Member of the Board — The Hospice of Michigan Foundation