Travis Life is a partner at Leavens Strand & Glover. He represents artists and art-related businesses in drafting and negotiating entertainment agreements, managing intellectual property and in litigating complex matters.
He has handled the formation of a variety of multimedia entities, including music marketing companies, music management businesses and production companies. His clients include musicians and songwriters, actors, designers, authors and media companies in the film and music fields.
Travis also manages intellectual property for music artists, media companies, and record labels. He has successfully prosecuted and defended high profile complex civil matters including copyright infringement, trademark infringement, breach of contract, right of publicity, and First Amendment claims for prominent artist and media companies.
Travis is a frequent speaker at various colleges, law schools and entertainment industry conferences on a variety of issues including music agreements and drone regulations for the film and television industry.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2001
- University of Iowa, B.A., 1998
- Adjunct Professor, Entertainment Law, DePaul University College of Law
- California Supreme Court
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Former President, Associate Board, Lawyers for the Creative Arts (Founding Member/President)
- Elected Governing Committee Member, American Bar Association’s Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries (Former Membership Chair)
- Board Member, Independent Film Producers Chicago (IFP Chicago)
- Advocacy Committee, Chicago Chapter of The Recording Academy (GRAMMYs)
- Past Chair, Chicago Bar Association’s Media & Entertainment Committee
- Past Chair, Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section’s Creative Arts Committee